The LoopEd programme was kickstarted in 2004, with a grant from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation. Loop Dance Company has always had a history of providing education work, and the company is committed to making contemporary dance accessible to the wider community. The LoopEd programme underpins this commitment.
LoopEd includes the following streams of work:
- Workshops and projects in schools
- Specialist education projects (dance and literacy, dance and numeracy)
- Professional development for dancers and dance teachers
- LoopEd youth dance company
- Dance and disability work (adults and young people)
- Dance and sensory impairment
- Dance education in the community (adults and young people)
Loop Dance Company can be booked for workshops and projects. We often have funding available to work with specific groups and currently have big lottery funding to work with young people at risk of offending, young offenders and disabled young people. Please contact us for an informal chat or a free quotation if you are interested in dance education workshops.
Photography by Benedict Johnson